FEI Tecnai G2-20 twin
The Transmission Electron Microscope FEI Tecnai G2-20 twin is versatile and European funded TEM, and allows through a beam of electrons accelerated by a voltage of 200 kV to explore the structure and some properties of the solid material to the atomic scale. It brings together possibilities for imaging, quantitative chemical analysis, and study of the structural properties by electron diffraction.
This acquisition was encouraged and funded by the Regional Council Nord-Pas de Calais, the University of Science and Technology of Lille, the Ministry of Higher Education and Research, the National Center for Scientific Research and by European Regional Development Funds.
This tool, which obtained the label National Instrument for Earth Sciences from CNRS, was inaugurated on Monday 19 September 2005 in the presence of government and public research representatives and a number of companies in the private sector located in the Region. Their development and innovation activities could benefit from this instrument.
- The FEI Tecnai G2 20 microscope is a transmission electron microscope with LaB6 filament operating with a 200 kV acceleration voltage.
- It can also work in transmission and scanning mode (STEM mode).
- Energy filter (Gatan) for filtered imaging and micro-energy loss analysis (EELS).
- Tomography, 3-D mapping in transmission or energy loss (chemical).
- It is equipped with a high-count energy dispersion spectrometer (EDS) for local chemical analyzes (spatial resolution 10-5 mm3).
- ASTAR electronic precession system for orientation mapping.
- Beryllium sample holder for microanalysis, cryo-holder (liquid nitrogen temperature), single-tilt heating holder (1500° C), double-tilt heating holder (1100° C), standard simple tilt and double tilt holders.
- CCD camera for digital data acquisition.